Thursday, April 29, 2010

This is Kitty ...


Kitty's life began kind of rough. She was born of a stray cat outside in an old, rotted woodpile near my house in California. As she got older, she would hunt in our yard. Pretty soon she was hanging out there all the time. My girls took a liking to her and started leaving food out for her. She was skin and bones, so she would eat anything. She eventually got to where she would let the girls pet her. Right before we were planning on moving to Montana, the girls started keeping Kitty inside. They didn't want to leave her, so they were hoping she would be tame enough to bring her with us.

The picture above shows how she is now -- a content housecat! She is still pretty skittish, but she's gotten so much better from her feral days. She doesn't like to be held, but that doesn't stop the girls from trying. Both of my girls are in Florida right now. Nicole is in college and Nichelle is visiting Disneyworld with her grandparents and aunt. So, guess who Kitty has found as her mommy replacement? Yep -- me. She's on my bed sleeping now. She will not let me hold her, but if the mood hits her, she will curl up on my legs. Early this morning I woke up to purring in my ear. The next thing I felt was a paw on my face. I guess she wanted some attention. Anyway, she's hanging out with me until May 8th. That's when Nichelle is coming home, so she'll be back in her room. For now, it's nice having a kitty on my bed again.

In other news -- my Facebook is all messed up and I can't access my profile page. If you're trying to reach me there, I probably won't see it until they get it fixed. I have sent them two messages already, so I hope they can figure out what's wrong. I can view the News Feed, but I can't see my own page. If you need to leave me a message, feel free to contact me here or you can send me an email me at: renamoodyblue@yahoo.com -- thanks.

13 comments:

  1. Pretty kitty!
    Has she seemed more clingy or seem different since Belle has been gone? I'm sure it helps to have her around for you.
    When my dog passed, I was majorly clingy to my other one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Kitty knows you need her....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly -- She hasn't been with me, since Nichelle has been home with her. But since she's gone now, she's hanging out more with me now. I'm sure that will change the second Nichelle walks through the door.

    Bish -- It could be. I feel bad for her because both girls are gone at the same time. Last time Nichelle left, she was gone for 6 months, so it makes me wonder what's going through Kitty's mind and if she remembers that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling some comfort from Kitty with Belle gone.

    We just caught another stray kitten this morning. Darling wee tabby. I'm visiting a friend tomorrow and will take the kitten with me and hopefully she wont be able to say no! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. So precious! Such a sweet story.

    She's a gorgeous cat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Animals are so smart - I think Bish is right Kitty misses Belle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kitty's do miss their 'people' and she does need you to take the girls' place. That's why she's sleeping on your legs and whispering in your ear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting how each cat has a distinct personality. Kind of you to provide a new home for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kitty's life sounds pretty similar to our Violet's! I think rescue cats are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kitty is beautiful. Such lovely markings in her fur.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kitty is a pretty kitty. She will be glad when Nichelle gets home I'm sure.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete