Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dizzyland ...


The Happiest Place On Earth!

Let's just say -- yeahrightsureuhhuhwhatever. I've heard more people crying and throwing tantrums in the past 12 hours than I have in the past 12 months. Let's just say Disneyland is a fun place to visit, but I'm I wouldn't want to live here. I'm really appreciating where I live -- a lot! Let's just say ...

There's No Place Like Home!

Dorothy had that right. It's nothing against California or Californians. I think it's just that tourist-attitude. The sweltering heat doesn't help, nor do the hoards of people, or the fact that you have to move along like cattle when people are waiting for parades and fireworks. And then there's the Crackberries. If you want to fiddle with your phone while in line, then fine. But I can't tell you how many people walk while texting. If you want to do that, fine, but get the hell out of the way! It's not just a few people -- it's every other person. And it's entire families! Nothing like spending quality family time with everyone having their BlackBerry in their hand talking to someone else. Still, that's fine, but get the hell out of the way!

Can you tell I'm having fun? Sorry, I don't mean to be a drag. We've been to Disneyland so often that I can't even tell you how many times it's been. We very rarely went in July. In fact, we avoided July like the plague. So, that's the price we have to pay. In addition, I tripped over a chain link fence and fell really hard. Okay, so it was more like -- really, really, really hard. I'm lucky I didn't break my leg. It still might be fractured, by the way it hurts, so I'm just waiting for the bone to come ripping out of my shin. I'm bruised pretty bad in 4 different places. So, to put it mildly, it's not been too fun.

There's no place like home,
There's no place like home,
There's no place like home,
Click, click, click ...
Click, click, click ...
Click, click, click?

12 comments:

  1. Wow,I'm so sorry your trip isn't going so well. I hope your leg starts to feel better. And thanks for the tip about not going there in July,or any summer month for that matter! And thanks for the laugh about entire families texting and getting in the way. The way you told it made me laugh out loud. You still haven't lost your sense of humor,that's a good sign! I hope the boys are at least having fun,and you start having a good time soon.

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rena- You are brave to tackle SoCal in July, LOL! I hope the rest of your trip goes well. Your boys are getting SO BIG! Take care of that leg. ((HUGS)) Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I hope your leg is ok. I'm so sorry that you're so far not having much fun. Hopefully it will get better. HUGS!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no Rena -- now you're sounding like me! I always feel that way when we go to Disney...I can't stand the crowds of people, I just want to push them out of my way! I hope you're able to relax and enjoy the rest of your trip...and take care of that leg!

    Neen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do call the people with iPhones?

    Crackberries, I am still laughing!!!

    If you stand in one place long enough you might see the entire family of texters fall into another family and it will create a domino effect and that will clear the crowd for you!
    Well, a girl can dream, can't she!?

    Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, aside from reading about your fall ( feel better soon.. ouch), I am laughing over the rest of your trip so far. So much for the you can take a girl from California but you can't take California out of a girl.... you are officially not a Californian anymore Rena!

    Don't worry, you will be home soon enough - until then just know that Andy has picked your locks and is sitting watching CNN and chewing on all the edibles he could find, and some of the non-edibles. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Disney Land in July is brave.
    Enjoy the rest of the week, Rena!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Disney but . . . I never went in July. I always went at some off time - like October.

    But no matter what, I love Dorothy and that Wizardress Wisdom - "There's no place like home."

    It's my quote whenever I travel.

    Have a frozen banana and take a minute to chill. You'll feel so much happier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, bummer. That really sucks about your leg. Get thee to a doctor if it just gets worse.

    Yeah, I don't think I've ever been to Disneyland in July. Just too dang hot for any kind of festivities. That and the loads of tourists.

    OTOH, December and Disneyland? Sign me up! Lurve The Haunted Mansion that time of year.

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you on the texting, sister. Go home to your birdies and squirrels! Hope your leg feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are cracking me up!!

    I'm no Disney fan and I'm so tired of people texting or talking when there's no one around because they have those cyborg Bluetooth headsets in their ears.

    Hopefully the San Diego portion will be better. We're going down on Monday. Will you still be there?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been longing to go back to Disney World but you just reminded me I actually don't. What kills me are the LINES. Waiting for hours in the heat...no thanks. If I do go, it'll be just for my boyfriend's daughter and the fun she'll have.

    ReplyDelete