Monday, July 13, 2009

My Books!


I got an update on possible release dates for my upcoming books, so that is really exciting news. The dates are tentative, of course, and could change depending on how things are going. Besides my current release, A New Job for Dilly, I have 6 other books under contract with 4RV Publishing LLC. Here are the approximate release dates with the illustrators in parentheses ...

December 2009 -- The Marshmallow Man (Stephen Macquignon)
January 2010 -- Lemur Troops & Critter Groups (Nikki Shoemaker)
February 2010 -- A New Friend for Dilly (Lisa Oakman)
May 2010 -- Stork Musters & Critter Clusters (Nikki Shoemaker)
June 2010 -- A Dinner Date for Dilly (Lisa Oakman)
September 2010 -- Pony Strings & Critter Things (Nikki Shoemaker)

Lisa Oakman did a fantastic job illustrating A New Job for Dilly, so I can't wait to see what she has in store for Dilly in the next 2 books. After all, a little rat can't live on pickles alone! Nikki Shoemaker has been wonderful to work and we're both really excited about the Critter Series. Nikki works in a library and hasn't seen too many books on animal congregations for very young children, so we're both hoping the series makes learning animal group names fun for kids. Stephen Macquignon said he's getting close to finishing The Marshmallow Man, so I'm really excited to see what he's come up with. The Marshmallow Man is a retelling of the classic Gingerbread Man story, but with all new characters and fun new twisted ending.

Finally, I want to say thank you to Vivian Zabel, the president and founder of 4RV Publishing, LLC. She gave me a chance at being a first time published author with Dilly. I am very thankful that she saw some potential in me as a children's writer. I am really excited about all of these books, obviously, and I will keep you posted as I get information. Thanks for reading and have a great week!

16 comments:

  1. That is awesome news, Rena! I can't wait to read them all!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Donna -- I've been having weird computer issues today too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    Congratulations!
    How exciting to have so many projects lined up!
    I'll be looking out for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I can't wait to read them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Rena! That's an impressive schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!
    I love the new cover - great illustration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Look forward to reading them all!

    Sybil

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm soooo happy for you! Plus I got my bear picture last night when I got home from the family reunion - I found it in the stack of mail to go through. Thanks - it's beautiful.

    Now, I need to make a trip to the bookstore to buy Dilly - still haven't had time - between jury duty, and reunions, but now - I'll have time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Comment from a completely unbiased observer: Rena's books are terrific, the illustrators are wonderful, and working with Rena is extremely delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Rena, from unpublished to 7 books in a couple of years. That's fantastic! Congratulations to you, Lisa, Nikki and Stephen. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, everyone! I'm really excited about all these books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How totally exciting! Can't wait for more Dilly - my kids are already asking!

    ReplyDelete