Friday, November 25, 2011

Wrote a book ... knitted a scarf ... busy day.


Earlier today on Facebook I said I wanted to accomplish three things -- write a picture book, knit a scarf, and exercise. Here it is, almost 8pm, and I've finally finished two of those things. I spent most of the day working on the story, which was a rhyming picture book about farm animals. It follows along two other stories I've written, so it was just a matter of coming up with the rhymes, not the concept. The scarf, which a few on Facebook said I wouldn't be able to do in a day, took me about half an hour. Yep -- if that even. To be totally honest, I CANNOT knit to save my life. Here's my secret ...


When I was a little girl in 1974, my mom got me a Mattel Knit Magic Machine for Christmas. I loved it, but never really made much with it. A few years back I saw one on eBay that was exactly the same as what I had as a kid and I just had to buy it. Even the copyright date is the same on the box. So, the little toy isn't the original one I owned as a kid, but it came from the same time period. I've knitted a bunch of skinny scarves on this silly little thing.

So -- there you have it. I'm not as talented as I want everyone to think I am. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Yippy..you did it, Rena! You've accomplished everything on your list..

    Hope Thanksgiving was great for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute scarf! I'll have to find one of those machine things for my daughter. Good luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You go, Rena!
    The scarf looks great and writing your picture book in one day is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You met your goals and you worked smarter, not harder! :)

    I didn't know a Mattel product would make such a great-looking scarf. And yay for a PB in a day!

    ReplyDelete