Saturday, January 7, 2012

Got cookies?


For the past few years, I've really wanted to get one of those three tiered stands that put cookies and candies on. The ones I'm talking about are sort of like this. I often see them in movies around Christmas. I've seen them in stores too, but it's just not something I've ever bought for myself. So, I thought I'd keep my eye out for one at the local thrift stores. I figured I probably wouldn't find one right now with Christmas having just passed, but I still decided to look for one anyway.

Today I came across this three tiered plate stand. I could use this one all year long. The picture up top shows it with my everyday dishes. Yes, they are Winnie-The-Pooh, in case you're wondering. The picture below shows it with my Christmas plates. So, I thought this would be more versatile than getting the other style with the plates already attached.

It did cost me $6 at the Salvation Army, which I thought was on the high side. Considering it still had its original price tag, I figured it had never been used. Target sells them for around $10, so I guess I still saved some money. Now all I need are three plates filled with cookies and candies. HA!

1 comment:

  1. Yours looks so pretty - I have one of these and it's been sitting in the pantry for too long. I need to get it out and dress it up!

    ReplyDelete