Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dill Pickle Sunflower Seeds


Have you ever tried dill pickle flavored sunflower seeds? They're not bad, if you like the taste of dill pickles. I don't think my squirrels and birds would appreciate it if I replaced their black-oiled sunflower seeds with dill pickle ones, but Dilly might -- he loves dill pickles. I'm hoping my book, A New Job for Dilly will be available real soon. Right now my publisher is at a book festival and the last I heard, Dilly was at the printers. So hopefully, I will be seeing copies of the book really soon. A New Job for Dilly is an alphabet book where Dilly the rat goes on a search from A to Z to find the perfect job so he can enjoy his pickles without having to steal them. I'm sure he'd be tickled pink with dill flavored sunflower seeds -- maybe even pickled pink!

I woke up sick and sore -- sick thanks to my family, and sore thanks to the rocks I was shoveling yesterday. I still have some more to move, so I'm hoping to feel good enough to go back out there today. We have a fountain in our backyard that we've been working on for awhile. It's kind of an ugly fountain, but the animals like it so much that we're trying to make it work better. At times, I've seen over 50 birds in it. The deer drink from it, so do the squirrels and chipmunks, and I've also seen black bears in it. It's nice to have it running in the summer because it's loud and sounds like a stream. Anyway, I hope to feel well enough to work outside more today, if it doesn't start raining. I could sure use some dill pickled sunflower seeds to perk me up. If you'd like to order my book, click here for details or over on the cover on the right. Hopefully the copies will be done soon and we can start getting the books out. I can't wait to see it!

10 comments:

  1. I've never tried those, but I love sunflower seeds!!

    I'm sorry you're not feeling well, I hope you are better soon. Be careful not to hurt yourself with the yard work!

    I can't wait for my copy of your book!!!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy. I'm just coughing a little and feel like I have a cold. It's starting to get cloudy, so I don't know if we'll be able to work on the fountain today or not. The seeds are good -- just like the Lay Dill Pickled flavored chips. I couldn't get those in CA, but they're all over here. Dilly would love those too -- heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite sandwiches as a kid was peanut butter, mayonnaise and dill pickle.

    And,is your book at B&N or Borders?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim -- That's definitely an interesting sandwich. A friend of mine used to eat sandwiches made with lettuce, chunky peanut butter and bologna. I like dill pickles on hot pastrami sandwiches and also on Subway's Veggie Delights.

    As for my book -- right now it's available for pre-order through the publisher. Once it's available, it will probably be on Amazon and available to order through most bookstores.

    I did hear from my publisher today and it seems there's a delay. It has something to do with the illustrations not being the right size or something, but they're working to get it fixed. Hopefully, it will be out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. shoveling rocks! YOu guys are great to take care of the wild animals. It sounds so peaceful!
    Hope u feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dill pickled sunflower seeds is a new one on me. I don't know where you keep coming up with stuff! :O

    Hope you feel better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I'm excited for you and Dilly! The printers are an awesome place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well today, Rena. Get better soon. *gives big bowl of chicken noodle soup*

    As for the dill pickle-flavoured sunflower seeds: No, I have not heard of such a wonderous thing. I lurve dill pickles (Vlasic Baby Kosher Dills are my absolute fave). I lurve sunflower seeds.

    Must find these things NOW.

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to get my hands on your book. I'm sure my daughter will LOVE it!

    She really likes dill pickles, too. They're her favorite. So she would love those sunflower seeds. So would I. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. ewwww
    (not about the book about the seeds!) lol
    I am not a dill pickle fan... can we still be friends? In fact, I am not even a sunflower seed fan.... ok, fine - shoot me.

    Going back now to eat a dull old regular flavoured potato chip.

    ReplyDelete