Thursday, May 21, 2009

Glacier National Park


I thought I'd make a slideshow of Glacier National Park. I live less than an hour from the West Entrance, so we go to the park quite often. It's a beautiful park. It's out of the way, so it doesn't get as crowded as other national parks. It does have a busy season, but most of the time you can find a secluded place all to yourself. There is lots of wildlife to see, a crazy mountain road to drive on, and lots of great places to camp and hike. The three biggest highlights of the park are probably the Going-To-The-Sun Road, the mountain goats, and the waterfalls. The last picture on the show is of me kayaking in Lake McDonald. That was on a Saturday and there was no one around. Talk about the ultimate playground! We're really spoiled. It gives the term "a day in the park" a whole new meaning.

9 comments:

  1. Spectacular! You are blessed indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scenery is breathtaking! Beautiful pictures, Rena (per usual)! I love the white mountain goats, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love waterfalls!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool pics, Rena. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful aread! I've been there once. I LOVED it!

    I've given you a blog award. You can view it here on my blog. Just scroll down to the end of the post to the "Proximity" award for directions and more information about the award.

    Thanks for a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You're not kidding. Your park puts a whole new spin on a walk in the park! Thanks for giving us another look into your beautiful world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures! You are lucky to enjoy that scenery every day.
    I'm not sure I could drive on that road, though...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome slideshow Rena!

    ReplyDelete