Monday, May 4, 2009

The Nose Pickin' Tree


Last November Bish blogged a fun post called We Are Eaten by a Rock Fish and she included a photograph to go with it. Last night I was going through some old picture files when I found one I'm calling The Nose Pickin' Tree. Rick took this picture of the boys, so I give him full credit. This is a tree we see when we go on the Trail of the Cedars in Glacier National Park. Every time the boys see this tree they say something about it looking like a big nose. Finally, one day last year, Rick took this picture of them picking the big nose tree. Kind of a funny picture -- in a crude sort of way.

Today is going to be tough. For some insane reason, I went to bed late and tossed and turned before finally getting up at 1am. I came out to the living room and decided to work on a rewrite of a picture book. I think I finally crawled back into bed around 4am, only to spend the rest of the night coughing. The boys are both sick too, so I'm in no rush for school. However, we will get all our work done, like always. The good news is that I have the picture book pretty much the way I want it. Now if only I could get it published. It has photos and I've heard those type of books are more expensive to publish than illustrated ones. But this is one of my mountain goat stories -- the reason I began writing for children in the first place -- so it's kind of special to me. Maybe someday it will see the light of day ...

11 comments:

  1. That picture cracks me up! It is perfect! And gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It totally looks like a nose! So funny!
    Get a nap in today, Rena! I am going to, too. I've been up since 2am (my daughter had a sleep deprived EEG this morning and we had to keep her awake from 2am til the test! I'm wiped!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture!! And good luck with finding a publisher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny! Good luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, cute picture. That tree really does look like it has a nose!

    Keep the faith on the book, it will happen!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny picture! That is definitely a nose.
    Good luck with the picture book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! That's hysterical! I love odd shaped trees! I remember Bish's post about being eaten by a rockfish too! funny!

    Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I saw your post on Verla Kay's and I had to see THE NOSE PICKING TREE! Haha--classic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilarious photo! Hope you guys are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great! I love it. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome picture! Cute and yet gross - my favourite kind of shot!
    lol

    ReplyDelete