Monday, November 30, 2009

Dilly & His Xmas Pickle


If your kids are looking for a simple craft to do, they can make Dilly & His Christmas Pickle! I got the idea originally from Family Fun Magazine. Years ago the girls and I made their little Merry Mice, using candy canes as the tails. Since then, I've seen this project all over, so it must be a popular craft. This year I thought it would be fun to alter it a bit and turn it into Dilly. I took this picture the other day before we had our decorations out, but Dilly is now hanging happily on our Christmas tree. If you click on the link above, it will take you to a PDF with instructions, which is posted on my website. It's a really easy craft that even younger kids can do.

Also, don't forget that my second picture book, Lemur Troops & Critter Groups is available for pre-order right now. I don't know an exact release date, but I believe the book should be ready for Christmas. It's a fun book that teaches children all about animal congregations, or groups, using silly rhymes. Nikki Shoemaker did an awesome job illustrating it. 4RV Publishing, LLC is having a Christmas special between November 30th through December 20th where you can get a 15% discount on books, so check them out. Books make great Christmas presents! In addition, they're printed right here in the USA, so that's a plus these days. Not to mention I have kids to put through college. Okay, I'll stop begging ...

7 comments:

  1. Maddie would love that! Next to the Cat in the Hat, Dilly is her fave storybook character. Thanks for the PDF.

    I've just pre-ordered my copy of Lemur Troops & Critter Groups. I love Nikki's illustrating style and can't wait to read the book with our girls. :)

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and clever! I love the candy cane tail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this craft! So cute. And I've ordered my copy of Lemur Troops - can't wait to get it! I ordered before the sale! Geesh, I missed that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rena...I love Dilly and his Christmas pickle! Too adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Rena! And I definately want a copy of your new book but I am guessing I will have to wait as we haven't figured out how to pre-order to Canada. Argh.

    ReplyDelete