Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Paper Plate Turkeys


Yesterday I posted this as my status on Facebook -- Rena Jones figures the turkeys are probably dry now. Time to staple their little butts shut and glue on googly eyes! That got a lot of funny replies, from people being shocked to others saying they wouldn't want to eat Thanksgiving with me. Such a funny group over there ... har, har, har!

The boys and I made turkeys from paper plates yesterday. They are pictured above. Neil got a little impatient painting and left a lot of white spots on his plates. Now that I think about it, turkeys do have white stripes on their tail feathers, so Neil was right on. We used staples, sequins, stickers, glitter, googly eyes -- they were a lot of fun and really easy to make.

I got the idea from Danielle's Place of Crafts and Activities. It's a great site, but I'm not a member, so I don't get the full instructions. One of these days I'll join because they have some really fun ideas. Today we're making turkey napkin holders, where a cloth napkin will be fan-folded to be the turkey's tail. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

  1. Those turned out so cute!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving, Rena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelly! I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Turkeys... all of them. I visit Danielle's place regularly to hunt for crafts for my Sunday School classes. These triple tiered tails are very clever.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh - now it all makes sense. Here I was worrying needlessly about you going after Andy with a stapler. :)

    They are very cute turkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! They came out really well.

    Happy Thanksgiving, Rena & Fam. :)

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really cute, the boys did a great job! (as did you of course).

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete