Thursday, March 12, 2009

Belle got a present!


Awwww, look at her -- could she look anymore happy? This was Belle last night as she modeled her new tee shirt. It's hard to make out, but right above the globe it reads Tree Hugger. It couldn't be more perfect for her.

I'm pretty ornery when I want to be. Whenever Rick goes out of town, I have this joke that he bring home a present for Belle. I get the whole family in on it. In our classroom we have a write-on board that I use to write the date on. I usually draw some sort of funny picture that shows what we're doing in school or something that's going on. When Rick is gone, this board automatically turns to Belle and her present. I draw cartoons of her daydreaming about what she'll get and silly stuff like that. When Rick calls home and talks to the boys, that's all he hears about. The pressure is really on and he knows he has to find her something before he comes home. Imagine having to tell your coworkers, "I gotta run up to the store to buy a present for my cat." Yeah, yeah -- I'm pretty ruthless.

Awhile back, Rick had a training session that kept him away from home for 5 weeks. Imagine the pressure he had then! We had weeks of Belle's cartoons on the board. Anyway, Rick spent Tuesday & Wednesday in Helena on some training, so of course Belle wanted a surprise. He wandered around Target on Tuesday looking for something. He usually gets her a cat toy or some Pounce snacks or something simple. Well, apparently Target didn't have anything. He was walking by the dollar section and stumbled across these little Tree Hugger tee shirts. He knew he'd found the purrfect gift for her. I'm not going to tell her that he only spent a dollar on her. I already have a big bandage on my knuckle from trying to get the stupid thing on her. It wasn't easy getting a picture of her either. Between the blood gushing out of my hand and her tee shirt creeping up her big furry belly -- she was pretty pissed off. But all the same, the shirt is definitely her.

Poor Rick -- the things he has to put up with in this family. What do you think the chances are of him flipping out when I tell him Belle's birthday is March 25th? He better start shopping now ...

17 comments:

  1. Belle looks a little...well...upset about having to pose for a picture...You should send that to the tree huggers website...Belle might end up on a calendar or something...grin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Presents are good!!! I want one of those tree-hugger shirts too ;)

    Guess I'm now jealous of a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sick, sick, sick.
    hee hee

    Poor Belle - the indignities she suffers.. and then to have permanent photos! You got off lucky with just a scratch. I would watch your back, she is planning her revenge as we speak!

    Too funny for Rick though - I can just imagine him asking people at the course where the best place to buy cat gifts in town was. :)

    I can't wait for Vince to get home so I can tell him how lucky he is to have me! I just want presents for me when he is away! (and I am easy... not cheap but easy!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THIS! And I have to admit, it is definitely something we would do in our family too. Keep the humor coming, despite gushing blood and feline ferociousness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks like she's gonna claw someone's eyes out. That pic is a crack-up, Rena.

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rena, that is so funny! I love that your hubby has to get a present for the cat and that you write cartoons about it! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one gorgeous cat! Her name suits her as well as the shirt! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, how funny! Poor little Belle; maybe she'll look back on it and laugh! snicker snicker! Cute t-shirt!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omigosh, my daughter loves to dress the cat and take pictures of him, too! I love that your husband buys souvenirs for the cat. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the comments. If you get a chance, check out my daughter Nichelle's blog to see a picture of our other cat, Kitty.

    http://nichellerj.wordpress.com/

    Our cats are so abused -- LMHO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't imagine even trying to get a tshirt on my cat. I'd have to wear armor! Belle is a cutie though. And ... isn't treehugger kind of a liberal org? :D!!!

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one happy cat I can tell! If looks could kill...And Rick sounds like a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha...she looks like she is just LOVING the T. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! I'm laughing thinking what my cat would do if I put her in something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor Kitty!

    That's all I'm going to say ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, my - that's hilarious. I think your husband is a better sport than Belle...and you are very brave to wrestle her into that shirt.

    ReplyDelete