Saturday, March 14, 2009

Road trip!

After the boys finished their swim lessons today, we decided to take a road trip. Apart from that trip to Vegas, I haven't gotten out of the house much lately. We decided to head over to Idaho and go to Walmart. Yeah, yeah, I know -- it sounds crazy. But since the cost of diesel gas is now the same as regular, we decided to go for it and do some shopping. Our local Walmart here isn't a supercenter like the one we went to. We saw some cool things, including this frozen waterfall that's pictured here. Most people don't see those everyday! We also saw more deer than we could count, some ring-necked pheasants, eagles, hawks, ravens, a vulture, some real trout in a gift shop, and even a coyote. And that didn't include all the critters who were smooshed on the side of the road! We had a lot of fun just with the drive alone. However -- the highlight of the trip, at least for me, was seeing this picture below. It's the ultimate redneck motorhome. I saw it on the way out and almost made Rick turn around so he could see it. Fortunately, it was still light on the way home so I was able to snap a quick picture of it. Country living just doesn't get any better than this ...


As Eddie said to Clark Griswold, "Oh, that uh, that there's an RV." In which Clark replies, "Yeah, it looks so nice parked in the driveway."

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the photo of the frozen waterfall. I've seen some but that one is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous waterfall. You must have loved it. I know places like that are always better in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha...oh my goodness! I want one of those campers. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That waterfall is something! Love the RV! A classic for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - you found my summer home! lol I love it! :)

    Great waterfall too!

    But really - what did you buy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That's...wow.

    As for the pic of the waterfall, too cool. I love seeing unusual things in nature.

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. That puts a whole new meaning on the term "motor home!" You have to admit, it's creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh good Heavens! Please tell me no one lives it that! Pretty waterfall picture, I love seeing those.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow! We see things like that camper all the time in the small town where I grew up. Always makes me chuckle

    ReplyDelete