Saturday, March 21, 2009

Like Ginger?


Most of you know I'm a candy freak. I always have been and I always will be. In my mind, chocolate should be its own food group. Dark chocolate is one of my favorites. However, I also love anything with ginger, such as gingerale, gingersnaps, gingerbread, ginger beer, ginger chews, etc. I recently tried a Green & Black's Organic Ginger chocolate bar. Pure heaven! I just got home from a quick trip to the grocery store and Rick was making fun of me because the most expensive thing we bought was this candy bar. He says, "I can't believe you paid $3.49 for a chocolate bar!" Even the tube of toothpaste I bought was cheaper. But, it's SOOO good! If you like dark chocolate and ginger -- this is the bar for you.

Thanks to everyone who's been asking about my back. I'm feeling a lot better now. The pain seems to come every few months and I'm pretty sure it's from sitting slouched over my laptop. I'm sitting that way now, so I really should take a rest. But I was feeling well enough to go outside today and hike up the hill in our backyard and collect some sticks for our wood stove. We've had 2 days of temps in the low 50s and we're in a major meltdown mode here. We have a lot of wood on our property, so usually in the spring and summer I'm out on the hill collecting my sticks on the weekends. I didn't do much today, so hopefully my back won't give me any problems for awhile. Thanks to everyone who sent their wishes. I appreciate it. Anyway, I've got some Bacon-Potato Soup cooking in the crock-pot for dinner and then later I'm going to crack open my expensive little chocolate bar and call it a night. I hope all of you are having a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better. I honestly don't think I've ever had anyting with ginger in it except ginger snaps, which I love! The chocolate bar sounds wonderful. Funny that it was more expensive than your toothpaste.

    Our weather is beautiful here right now. It got up to 75 degrees today and will probably be in the mid to high 60's tomorrow. We are under a winter storm watch for Tomorrow night through Monday night, 6-10 inches expected. Ahh spring, gotta love it!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good you are feeling better. I tasted that chocolate bar at an Organic food show recently. It is so good! I don't carry it purely for the reason that you can buy it anywhere. :) Enjoy your chocolate. I will be having a taste of my current favorite, dark chocolate raspberry. It's tough to have this stuff in my house by the case load. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! Nothing like a sore back to put you out of commission. I'm glad you're doing better.

    I love me some chocolate too. My favorites are the lindor truffles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling a bit better, Rena!
    The chocolate should help! :)
    I love Fannie May mint meltaways and they sell individual candy bars, and sometimes I can't justify paying that for ONE candy bar. But sometimes I can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling better, Rena. Have a piece of chocolate for me. I'm not really in to dark chocolate, but the ginger sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better, but DO take care of yourself!

    I too am nuts for ginger. There's a ginger beer made in the islands that is to die for! I look forward to indulging myself every year when I go home to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling better...I've never heard of this type of chocolate, but anything with chocolate has to be good...grin...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling better! I just can't picture chocolate and ginger together - I am going to have to check the store and get a bar! (Too funny how it was the most expensive item you bought though... hey you are worth it!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love candied ginger. Put it with chocolate and you've got heaven! Glad to hear your back is doing better! I had that problem a few months ago. I had to go buy a new office chair. That made it better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't mind the flavor of ginger. I kind of enjoy a ginger snap from time to time...especially if I have some hot tea around.

    But in general...REAL ginger I do not care for. It numbed my tongue once and I've never been able to forgive it, lol

    ReplyDelete