Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Got raisins?


It's been awhile since I posted about one of our fabulous national holidays. Today is a good one because it's Chocolate Covered Raisin Day! Okay, so you either love these or you hate them. None of my kids like raisins, so this is one treat I don't have to share. Then again, it's not like I have to share my chocolate treats with my kids much -- they don't like chocolate with ginger, chili, raisins, or especially 88% cocoa. I'm pretty much safe when it comes to hoarding the good stuff for myself. It's not like they're deprived, so don't start feeling sorry for them. Chocolate Covered Raisin Day sounds like a good holiday to me. I've always liked these, especially Raisinettes. Trader Joe's has really good chocolate covered raisins, in both milk and dark chocolate. Sadly, the closest TJs to me is 9 hours away, so I'll have to make due with something else. Whenever I think of raisins, I think of Garfield -- he hates raisins. He picks them out of his oatmeal cookies and puts them in the closet. Every now and then Jon opens the closet, only to be buried in raisins. I know -- it doesn't take much to entertain me these days. So, how about you -- do you like chocolate covered raisins?

13 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things: chocolate covered raisins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh...LOVE those! We should share! hee hee

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE them! My mom buys them for my husband every Christmas. LOL

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't bring myself to eat raisins...even if they are dipped in chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey- I happen to like raisins! :D I like them best in trail mix. The chocolate covered ones don't do much for me though. Then again, I'm not much of a chocolate person either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like raisins and I love chocolate, but I don't really like chocolate covered raisins...
    But I love chocolate covered peanuts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love chocolate covered raisins, but chocolate nuts are even better. I don't like raisins plain, though. Everything is better with chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Put me in the "I LOVE them," camp.
    I used to like to put them on a peanut butter sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, we just went through a big container of these while watching a movie. I'm all for celebrating chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them... well without the raisins that is! lol But if that is all we have in the house (Vince does the shopping and he likes them) I have been known to go so far as to eat around the raisin... anything to get chocolate.

    In honour of this wonderful holiday, I will feed my kids some raisins and eat the chocolate for myself! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them. I love regular raisins too. I'm especially fond of the golden raisins.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chocolate covered raisins are one of my most favorite candies EVER. They're the kind of thing I want to eat by the handful like a big piggie. Mmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm. I have trouble stopping. I can't believe I missed the holiday. Rats.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wait,What? Chocolate Covered Raisin Day and I wasn't notified? Heads will roll for this! They're my favorite snack!

    Danette

    ReplyDelete