Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Go Crazy ...


I'm showing you my purse -- I know, how exciting can it get? No seriously, this is a cool purse and I just have to share it with someone. I don't get out of the house much, so bear with me. Rick bought me this purse at the Stratosphere when we were in Las Vegas. I saw it hanging from the ceiling of a gift shop and after going in and out of the store a few times, we finally asked the lady to take it down so I could look at it. When she did, I was thrilled to find it was a black denim material and it's huge. I like big purses. Rick had just won $400 on the Elvis slot machines, so he bought me this. I'm a sucker when it comes to purses, even more so if it has Elvis on it.

Now to change the subject entirely -- does anyone remember the song "I Go Crazy" by Paul Davis? It's from the 70s and it's always been a favorite song of mine. I'm not sure why that is because I can't really relate to the lyrics. However, it's such beautiful song. It's romantic and sad at the same time. I listen to it quite often and decided to go poking around You Tube to see if I could find it. I have several of Paul Davis' songs on my iPod, but frankly I had forgotten what he looked like. I was a little taken back by the crazy hair, but man, does he have a voice! Anyway, Paul Davis has nothing to do with my Elvis purse -- and -- my Elvis purse has nothing to do with Paul Davis. I guess I'm just in one of those eclectic moods -- call me crazy.



16 comments:

  1. Fun purse - it will remind you of your good times every time you see it and I remember I go crazy - I still do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a pretty song, bitter/sweet. I see he has a MySpace page...doesn't look like he's changed all that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *side note* I am making potato bacon soup tonight! Thanks again for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, wasn't he pretty!

    Love the purse, even though I'm not an Elvis fan. You've got to have something out of the ordinary in your purse collection, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the purse! What a fun piece to own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like to me that your purse was meant to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the purse!
    That song is an oldie, I do remember it, but never heard the name Paul Davis before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had never heard of Paul Davis or the song - gotta love you tube! I enjoyed the song - and nice hair!

    Very cool purse too... gotta love when the hubby wins at the slots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally know this song! But I never knew who sang it. That is some crazy lettuce he's got goin' on. But even funnier to me are the male backup singers. Not often that you see that.

    Nice purse! And congratulations to Rick on the 400 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh, a blast from the past! Thanks.

    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool Purse Rena! How sweet of Rick to buy it for you :)

    Neen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this song, too, but I had no idea what Paul Davis looked like. That was probably a good thing... :^)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL Sheri -- you know, I'm kind of thinking the same thing. He is NOT what I pictured at all.

    ReplyDelete