Wednesday, September 9, 2009

1st day of school!


It's official -- the 2009-2010 school year has begun! I'm taking a break for lunch right now, but soon we'll be back into the swing of things. I'm always amazed that we get anything done, to be honest. As a tradition, on the first day of school I have the kids fill out a sheet called All About Me. On this they practice their address, phone number, list their hobbies, collections, their favorite foods, books, songs, and so forth. It also has a place to glue their first day of school picture on it. Well, to show you how distracted we get -- this form led us to iTunes to listen to a song by Smash Mouth, then out to the family room to search for a book on Montana flowers. Like I said, I'm surprised we get anything done.

I have to tell you a story about Nathan. Last night Rick and I were in the office working when Nathan came in. The conversation went like this ...

"Daddy," Nathan said. "Do you know our Guitar Hero drum set?"
"Yeah," replied Rick.
"Well, the part on the side where the sticks go broke," said Nathan.
"How did it break?" asked Rick.
"We don't have accurate information on that," Nathan replied.

And of course, Rick and I both burst out laughing, while Nathan proceeded to tell us to be quiet so he could finish explaining his dilemma. I never know what they're going to say, nor do I know where they get these sayings. Rick said he was going to use that one at work the next time he doesn't want to tell the truth -- "I don't have accurate information on that." Too funny! Neil is asking for lunch, so I better get going. I should eat too, or else the boys are going to whoop me at badminton later on. Have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. Awwwww! Cutie! :) Don't you just love the first day of school? Everything is new, fresh, and exciting! Wishing you a great year!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute boys! They say the funniest things, don't they?! Enjoy the school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious! Such cute and bright boys. And what a gorgeous classroom! Consider yourself blessed,we have school at the kitchen table!

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to use that too. lol Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO!!! Priceless. Be sure to write that one down!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love their smiles! Sounds like they are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pic and they are soooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bahahaha! Now THAT was funny! I had TH read your story about Nathan and he laughed, too. Thanks for that, Rena. :)

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kids do say the darndest things.

    Oh, please visit my blog http://vivianzabel.blogspot.com for information about your award.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! Your boys are very handsome... and smart! Hope this year's school is fun and informative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're getting so big! Hugs to all!!!

    ReplyDelete