Wednesday, September 30, 2009

An urgent request ...


Would you please keep my daughter, Nichelle and her team in your thoughts and prayers today? There was a 7.6 earthquake in Indonesia today. This is a new one apart from the one that hit the American Samoa yesterday. Not exactly the news I wanted to wake up to. I've been trying to give myself a quick geography lesson on Indonesia. Apparently, the quake hit on the island of Sumatra, on the western side near the town of Padang. The last email I got from Nichelle, she said they were getting ready to head back out to Pontianak, which is on the western coast of Borneo. So, the island of Sumatra is in between the two places. However, the American Samoa quake did cause a tsunami that hit all the way up in Japan, and even though I'm reading the warnings have been lifted for Indonesia and Malaysia ... well, I'm not doing so good. I know what they're doing with Youth With A Mission is important, but I just want her home. So, if you could please keep Nichelle and her team in your thoughts and prayers, I'd appreciate it more than anything. Thanks.

18 comments:

  1. You know I'm praying. Hugs!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got Nichelle and you in my prayers.

    Being a Mom is so TOUGH we worry so much about our "kids" and it never changes no matter how old they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely keep her in my prayers. My husband was in Honduras when Hurrican Mitch hit. His mom was frantic, she said. I didn't know him then, but it was possible he could have died, and she had no way of knowing.

    Prayers are with her, I promise! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I'm praying already. I'll keep praying several times a day until you tell us otherwise. Big hugs!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rena, your daughter has my prayer, along with many people in Indonesia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll keep Nichelle,and you all,in my prayers. I'd want her home as well!

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I heard about the earthquake, the first person I thought of was Nichelle. Then I thought of you guys, going crazy at home and wondering if she's okay.

    Nichelle is in my thoughts & prayers, Rena. Hold tight.

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Rena - your family will be in my prayers for sure. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hugs to you and prayers for Nichelle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. www.nanettesthoughtfulspot.blogspot.comSeptember 30, 2009 at 4:16 PM

    I'm saying a prayer right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will keep Nichelle and others in that area in my thoughts. Hugs to you - glad to hear the warnings have lifted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. {{hugs]} Rena, i am keeping her in my thoughts and prayers and i hope that you hear from her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Add one more praying buddy to your list. I've got you both on mine. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nichelle is in my prayers Rena and I am forwarding your blog to my prayer group hun. Let us know ASAP when you hear the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm saying a prayer for them right now and will keep praying for her and her team to get home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saying lots of prayers, Rena!

    (My Facebook account is not showing all of your news feeds for some reason. Now, I'm wondering what else I've missed.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of course Rena - Nichelle is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you hear something soon.

    ReplyDelete