Monday, September 7, 2009

Got worms?


I'd like to introduce you to -- WORMY! Pretty silly, huh? The book chart is pictured below and these are the worms that will be glued to the apple. Not exactly the best piece of artwork I've ever done, but it will have to do. This is what the boys will be using to keep track of what books they read this year. The apple is huge, by the way, and takes up a full sheet of poster board. By June, we should have one very wormy apple!

I had different ideas for our book chart last week, but this one just came to me the other day. I was thinking about book worms when I thought of the apple. And since we usually do an "Apple Week" at the start of school, this seemed appropriate. For those of you who don't know, I despise worms with a passion. I have a rhyming picture book called Too Many Worms. I've read it to Neil so many times that he goes running at even the suggestion of me reading it again. It's cute, but I haven't submitted it much. The boys will also be doing the Pizza Hut Book-It reading program this year, so they'll keep track of books for that as well. Guess we better get reading -- go WORMY!

8 comments:

  1. Go wormy indeed! I might steal that idea for my DD! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rena, love your wee wormy guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea this year, Rena! It'll be an interesting sight to see that apple riddled with worms. The only time, that comes to mind, that it'll be a good thing for an apple to be so infested!

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  4. This TOTALLY reminds me of when I was in the library reading club when I was younger. LOVE your idea!! :)

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea! Post a picture later when the apple is crawling with Wormy and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea and it IS great artwork!
    Have fun reading!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great (and yet creepy) idea!

    ReplyDelete