Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Logs, frogs, and fun ...





We went to Lake McDonald in Glacier National Park yesterday afternoon. After kayaking awhile, we went to one of our favorite beaches and spent a few hours. Rick paddled around and fished a lot, while the boys played in the water, had water fights, floated on logs, and caught frogs. The weather was warm and there was hardly a cloud in the sky. In the third picture where Neil is holding the rock, you can see the little beach we were on. Nice, huh? Even though I'm right there enjoying it myself, I really envy my boys sometimes. I would have loved to have grown up in Montana. Where I grew up was okay, but it was nothing like this. I certainly couldn't go to a national park for a few hours on a Monday afternoon. I hope the boys grow up with an appreciation for being able to do that and hopefully, be able to share the national parks with their families.

6 comments:

  1. What a way to spend a day...

    Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean, Rena. I DID get to grow up in the mountains and my girls love it. I'm glad that we're only a couple of hours away and get to go often. Great pictures, it looks like you had a lot of fun.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look like they are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boys are very blessed to be brought up in such a wonderful area now. I'm sure they will grow up with an appreciation for wildlife, and natural beauty,because you two have instilled it in them. How privileged you are! A bit green here,being stuck in the city for now...


    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks SO awesome! Your kids are lucky.. and not just cause they are growing up in Montana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like so much fun! I wish we had nature out here like that.

    ReplyDelete