Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Nichelle!


My daughter, Nichelle celebrates her 20th birthday today. This is the first year she's had a birthday and not been home with us. She's on a missionary trip with Youth With A Mission and won't be home until mid-November. Right now she should be backpacking through the jungles and villages of Indonesia. Of course, it's a day ahead of us there, so her birthday has already come and gone. She's with a great group of people, so I hope she had a nice birthday. I also hope she can check in with us soon, since we haven't heard from her since they left Thailand. We knew communications would be scarce, especially now that she's on the most intense part of her mission. Considering they went to the island just days after a major earthquake, I've been a little more than freaked out. I know what she's doing is important, and I know she's having a good time, but I'm still anxious for her to come back home. I can't believe my firstborn is 20 years old!

Happy Birthday, Nichelle!

9 comments:

  1. This will be a birthday she will never forget! My thoughts are with you though, Rena. It must be so hard for her to be far away on a special day like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty girl you have! I'm sure she on the trip of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Nichelle!

    (She is pretty, and looks like you, Rena)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Nichelle! HUGS Rena.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Nichelle! Hope it was a great one. :)

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though you won't see this,Happy Birthday Nichelle! I hope you were able to celebrate with some Indonesian cake. :)

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy Birthday, Nichelle.
    We're all lifting you up from here. Wish you the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comments, everyone! I still haven't heard from her, but I hope it's not too much longer. She's in the most intense part of her outreach.

    Sophia -- if you happen to come back on this comments section, I'm having trouble accessing your blog. I'll keep trying, but can you send me the address again? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAppy Birthday Nichelle. God bless you and keep you safe.

    ReplyDelete