Saturday, September 20, 2008

Shades of Day

Shades of Day are an awesome band from Southern California. You can check out their website by clicking on their name. Their debut CD is called Mayday! and it can be ordered online and through iTunes. This is a really cool band. And what's my relationship to them, you ask? I used to live next door to Micah, who is pictured on the right above. I've been listening to these guys play in their garage since they were kids. Their studio was directly by my old house in California. Awesome group of guys and their music is fantastic, so I wanted to give them a little plug here. I believe they will be releasing a second CD in the near future. I can't wait to hear it. I really miss hearing them rehearse and jam from my old house in the evenings.

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the eight track...grin...and the music is really good...

    How neat it is to know a band before they make it big...you might be able to score some great concert tickets...grin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda. Yes, I love the 8-track player too. Their website is a little tricky because in order to view the pages you have to click on the tiny words on the radio. I think they're a little hard to see. SOD is a great band and I was surprised that their debut CD stood up to some of my all time favorites like Deep Purple, Goo Goo Dolls and bands like that. The original 4 members (on the right) came over to my house one night right before we moved. I had asked if they would autograph one of their CDs so I could send it to Murry Cook, who is the guy who wears the red shirt in the kid's group The Wiggles. They all autographed it for Murray and came over to deliver it personally. Great group of guys! They still play small clubs in Ventura County, so if anyone can see them, they're in for a treat. I hope they make it big someday because they really deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check them out!
    What did Murray say (or sing) about the autographed CD?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly! At the time, they weren't touring my area, so I didn't get to deliver it to him personally. I mailed it to his office, so I never did hear. When and if I speak to him again, I hope I can remember to ask if he got it and what he thought of it. He's really into music. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be into one of my favourite bands, Powderfinger. What's cute is that the drummer of SOD, Rick, has red hair. Murray has red hair and also wears the red shirt in The Wiggles. So when Rick signed his CD for him, he said something like, "To one red from another" -- I thought that was cute. They're a great band and I hope you can check them out more. :)

    ReplyDelete