Saturday, November 29, 2008

Poor Neil ...

The day after Thanksgiving, my six-year-old came down with a tummy bug. Poor Neil spent the entire day on the couch and in bed. He only ate one saltine cracker and had a couple sips of water all day. It's so hard seeing your babies sick like that. Being nauseated is the absolute worst feeling in the world and it always breaks my heart when my kids feel that way. He is feeling better now and is munching on saltines and drinking apple juice. He just told me that he "grew out of being sick", so I'm hoping he's on the mend. I am also hoping no one else gets it, but you never know. We're all just kind of waiting. This picture was taken in 2004 when he was 2 years old. It was taken at the National Oregon/California Trail Center in Montpelier, Idaho. We stopped there on one of our trips to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. I love this picture, but can't believe how much Neil has grown in the past 4 years.

14 comments:

  1. What a cute picture!
    I hope he is all grown out of his sickness by now :0). And I especially hope you all escape it! We've had weeks where the stomach flu attacks everyone in the house...Blah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture too!
    Hope Neil feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little man. It's a bittersweet feeling when they get all tiny and cuddly because they're feeling icky. But it's good to know that Mom's still the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. TAG! You're IT: http://hollyjahangiri.blogspot.com/2008/11/chaos-theory-six-more-random-tidbits.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute picture. They grow up so fast don't they? I hope he is feeling better.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! And, boy do they ever grow up fast. My babes are 6'4" and 6'5" my baby daughter is 5'10". I'm the little one. Should have grown up - more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Porr little man, hope he regains his happy self fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope he's feeling better soon. Don't worry, they don't ever grow out of needing a cuddle from Mum when they don't feel well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone!

    I read some of your replies to Neil last night and it made him smile. He's starting to feel better now and is excited about setting up our Christmas tree today. I'm hoping no one else gets whatever it was he had. I'll read the others to him today when he gets up.

    Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable picture! I hope Neil is feeling better...

    I had a dr tell me one time to mix up jell-o and let Son drink it instead of letting it gel up...something in the jell-o eased Son from getting sick to the tummy...he liked the taste, just don't give him all of it to drink at one time...it tends to be a lot of sugar...grin...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read all the replies to Neil and he wanted me to tell you all ...

    "Thank you! I'm feeling better."

    Now he wants to set up the Christmas tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor thing.
    Glad he's better now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry he got sick, but it's great that he's feeling better! Cute picture too. :)

    ReplyDelete