Sunday, November 16, 2008

Taja the Tiger

A few days ago Adrienne posted a picture of an adorable lion cub on her blog. It reminded me of a picture I have. My husband Rick worked for the sheriff's department for over 20 years in California. Every year the department sponsored a bike rodeo where kids in the community could bring in their bikes for inspection along with other fun things for kids to do regarding bike safety. The one year I decided not to go, a local animal rescue group showed up with exotic animals for kids to see. No one was allowed to touch the animals, but Rick knew the people and they made an exception just for him. This picture is of Taja and Rick, which appeared in the local newspaper. Now keep in mind that my all time favorite animal in the entire world are tigers. I absolutely love them. My bedroom is decorated in a tiger theme with items I've been collecting for years. So it was just typical that the one time I decide not to go, this happens -- go figure.

15 comments:

  1. Oh what a cute tiger! Very cool for your husband, but so so sorry for you! I would have been disappointed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thrill that would have been to hold Taja.

    One of my daughter's good friend's names is Tajay. :)

    Isn't that the way life is: the one time you don't go?...

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's adorable. Good think Rick was there as your stand in. I think this picture would go great with your tiger themed bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable...they are sooo cute when they are that size...and what a great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool, Rena! Great pic.

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a cute picture Rena!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute picture, Rena!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's always good to see new faces. :)

    And wow! Look at your Nano word count! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooo adorable! Tigers are gorgeous creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great shot! He is so adorable... oh, and the tiger too! hee hee.

    Funny how things work - I have that kind of 'luck' too. The one time I do something different is the time something cool happens! Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And now I can't even spell my name
    Tracu... means when 'Ryan's mom' does not get enough sleep! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute tiger! I would have liked to have seen that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at this way, you get to live the expereince vicariously through your husband! You can tell yourself things like, "I sleep with a man who carries tigers around." Ahh, new name...Man Who Carries Tigers...very manly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's adorable! He looks baffled by that leopard blanket, though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sooooooooo jealous of rick. I love, love, love tigers!!!! (I've met a few at animal sanctuaries and in Thailand)

    Come to think of it, I am part tiger.

    Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the replies everyone! I love this picture, but I SOOOOO wish I had gone that day. Not that they would have let me hold her or even touch her, but still. I've loved tigers forever.

    slhastings -- That is so cool you like them too. If I go to any zoo, I immediately head for the tigers and then my family has to literally drag me away. They are such beautiful creatures and it's so upsetting at how fast they're disappearing.

    ReplyDelete