Thursday, November 6, 2008

Woof Woof!

Isn't it amazing what you can do with peanuts? From peanut butter chocolate chip cake to puppies! The boys and I had fun making these Peanut Pups last night. They are pretty easy. You just poke holes in the shells to stick in the pipe cleaners. Even the head is attached with a pipe cleaner. The only thing we glued was the nose, eyes and ears. Of course, after we were done, the boys wanted to keep going. They made other critters and every character you can think of. I can only imagine what the mess on the table looks like downstairs. However, these pups were a lot of fun to make, especially because they were so easy. Woof woof!

14 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhh! These ARE cute! I'll have to steal this idea, if you don't mind!

    Luv luv luv it! :0)

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pups are adorable!
    We used to make little peanut people when I was little. I'd forgotten about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I remember doing things like this in elementary school.

    Aahhhh, when life was less complicated...

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - those are great Rena! Where do you come up with this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool idea, they look so cute!!


    (BTW i am sending those DVD's over within the next few days, i have had them sitting here for the past two weeks but so much has been going on here)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are adorable Rena!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cute, I've not seen that done before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! I wish I could take credit for thinking this one up, but it came from Higlights for Kids --

    http://www.highlightskids.com/Express/Crafts/Toys/C0295_puppy.asp

    Nathan made a really cool spider too, so I think the possibilities are endless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool! But how do you feel about eating your dog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG: Those are the best little "hot" dogs I've ever seen - way-to-go Rena.

    U R 2 clever 4 me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are great! I will have to try those with the kids on the property...

    ReplyDelete