Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy 101 Award


Jonathon gave me the Happy 101 award on his blog, Jon's Life way back on February 1st. Like the slug I am, I missed it. I truly apologize for that. As I said, I've been a slacker with blogs lately, but I really hope to catch up soon. It's amazing how writing one story can get you so wrapped up that you neglect everything else. For this award, I'm supposed to list 10 things that make me happy and then pass it along to 10 people. However, I like Jonathon's idea of passing it along to one individual, so I'm going to be a copy-cat and do that. Thank you so much for picking me, Jonathon, and especially for all the nice things you said in your post!

Ten Things That Make Rena Happy ...
  1. Coffee first thing in the morning
  2. Kittens
  3. Having all my music at my fingertips (aka iPod)
  4. Long, spur-of-the-moment road trips
  5. Seeing bears in the wild
  6. Spending the day on a secluded beach at the lake
  7. Huckleberry taffy
  8. Watching the snow fall
  9. Playing Elvis slots in Vegas (winning = more happy)
  10. Classic movies, including cheesy ones with singing & dancing

The blogger I'm nominating is -- Susan Casamento. Her blog, The Question of the Day is always a fun one to visit because it features just what it says, which is a new question of the day. I always look forward to seeing what questions she comes up with. In addition, she's a fellow Californian, so she keeps me up to date on what's happening there. Check her blog out!

8 comments:

  1. Love your list :) (especially "long spur of the moment road trips)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be the season for blog awards again. I like them because of the insights into people that they offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, Rena!
    And never apologize for not blogging because you are writing! :) That should come first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I def agree with 1, 2, and 8. Why 5, what about them?

    Do not feel bad about not noticing the award. A) It's my responsibility to tell you B) Don't call yourself a slug...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jonathon -- #5 is because we visit Yellowstone/Grand Teton a lot and love seeing them there. We also have them in our neighborhood and they walk around our yard quite often. Amazing to watch, but scary when they're looking in the bedroom window. Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really great list. Especially the snow falling one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog Rena. And thanks to you, my hubby and I are both addicted to #7 as well. Vince actually went into a local candy shop and asked for it. After getting a very odd look, they were actually able to order us some! lol Yummy!

    ReplyDelete