Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy G.I. Joe Day!


You never know where G.I. Joe will go!

According to the Brownielocks and The 3 Bears website, today is G.I. Joe Day. However, I couldn't find anything else on it online, so I don't know where it came from. Not that it matters, because everyday is G.I. Joe Day at our house. My boys, Nathan and Neil, totally love G.I. Joes. They play with them constantly. We've taken G.I. Joe to Yellowstone and had his picture taken in front of some geysers and the bubbling mud pots. He goes everywhere with us, usually with his pals, Tony Hawk and Indiana Jones.

We've even had a death in the family when one of G.I. Joe's friends lost his life in the middle of Swan Lake. Who knew Freddie couldn't swim? He was doing so good waterskiing, but dang, he went down so fast. I told the Undersheriff, who also works in Search & Rescue about our loss and if he ever finds the body, he could return it to us. It's a good thing we're friends with such important people. Regardless, there are lots of other G.I. Joes in our house to make up for the loss. After all, he is a true American Hero!

7 comments:

  1. I'll admit it...I could play with the G.I. Joe gang and the Thundercats all day long with my son...We use to watch the cartoons and sit on the floor and play...I don't think I could have done that with Barbie...

    We use to team G.I. Joe up with the Thundercats and they would kick some Cobra tail...grin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony Hawk doing a 180 kick flip and Harrison using his whip - those are a couple of my boys favs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youngest just got GI Joe figures yesterday from my mom in his Valentines goodie bag. Good timing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have mine from when I was a kid & I'm 43

    ReplyDelete
  5. And here's proof that boys can play with dolls! I'm sure if GI Joe's had been around when I was a kid I would have wanted to play with them. There's more sense of adventure with a Barbie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! Ryan hasn't gotten into G.I Joe yet - he is still way too busy with Hot Wheels. And he did ask if he could have some Star Wars figures the other day - maybe we are turning a corner?

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMBO @ Tony Hawk and Indiana Jones. Is he a relative of yours? *snicker snicker*

    RIP G.I. Joe's friend.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete