Saturday, February 6, 2010

Puppy Bowl VI


Yes, folks, it's that time of year again! It's time to get out the milkbones and chewtoys! Puppy Bowl VI airs tomorrow afternoon on Animal Planet. And, if you happen to miss it -- don't worry because they replay it all day long. I watched this for the first time last year and it's really cute. Maybe a little slow at times, but it's cute, all the same. The first showing is 3pm.

The featured puppies are from animal shelters and they make a point to encourage viewers to adopt from local shelters. They play football in a little stadium and just like the big guys, they often get put in time-out (usually for piddling on the floor) and suffer penalties. Last year there was a tail-gate party just outside of the stadium, with puppy fans cheering their teams on. Of course, I'm a little partial to the half-time show where the kitties come out and play for awhile. This year the show will also feature bouncy rabbit cheerleaders and a hamster crew taking aerial shots from a blimp.

I'm cheering for Tator Tot, the beagle. Hey, I'm telling you -- YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS! These are the most adorable puppies you will ever see. They make the ladies of the Lingerie Bowl look like a bunch of old dogs!

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you Rena what with The Who playing half-time and all. I'll be watching, which will be the closest I've even gotten to see them perform live. But my goodness...they're gettin' kind of old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love puppies but not football so I'm much more inclined to watch this puppy bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds cute - I have never heard of the puppy bowl... but then I don't watch the Super Bowl either. lol

    ReplyDelete