Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Never enough time ...


I'm sure everyone feels like this picture (from clker.com) at some point. I'm not nursing any babies at the moment and I gave up ironing and walking beagles a long time ago. But I still feel like I have a ton of things I need to do, verses all the stuff I want to do. Do you ever feel pulled in all directions?

I have the rest of the school day to get through today, but I also want to start working on a synopsis for my MG story. I kind of have a small blurb going, so at least I'm working on that. I also have two manuscripts out on submission -- ones that I wrote a long time ago. Then I have six photographs submitted to a local magazine. I'm still trying to get on the cover so I can get $100. That would be nice.

And if that's not enough, I have a crazy idea for two more picture books! They both follow along with one I have submitted out right now. I know it's crazy to come up with a series before the first one has been accepted, but it's one of my favorites. I was told by an editor about a year ago that it was really good, but didn't fit in their book line at the time. So, we'll see ...

Then there's more school stuff I need to do, house cleaning, laundry, and all that fun stuff. I have two baskets of clean clothes that need to be folded, but my silly cat has decided it's her home now. The baskets are stacked on each other and Belle is sleeping in the top one all the time. She's getting pretty old, so I don't have the heart to kick her out and put the clothes away. How sad that I can be manipulated by a cat so easily. Most people in the work force take coffee breaks and here I am taking a whining break. I guess I better shut myself up and get back to work now.

So -- what's been keeping you extra busy lately?

7 comments:

  1. I've been busy making crepes and running errands. I'm ready for a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Rena! And I just asked you to do one more thing! (Thank you and take your time with it)
    My kids schedules, general housework, volunteering, writing, and subbing occasionally keep me busy too. Time flies SO fast when you are busy as well. I need to stop and enjoy it more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Kelly -- but what you're asking is fun, unlike the laundry, so it's NO PROBLEM! Just getting ready to print the bear up now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is funny but now that I am a stay at home mom, I seem to be way more busy than I ever was when I was working. Is it the kids or my husband leaving more 'home' stuff for me? Or am I spending too much time on the computer? (darn Facebook!) I don't know but I always seem to have a list of things to do and never seem to finish the list each day. Ah well, I wouldn't want to be bored I guess. (Well, maybe a little bored would be nice!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been there before, so yes, I know what you mean. Unfortuanately, I am in a really bad funk right now and wish I could get myself to do something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally engrossed in my latest pony story at the moment and it's such a wonderful feeling! :o) I tear round early in the mornings feeding all the animals. Kids get dropped off at school then I flop down in front of the computer and write until the afternoon when it's feeding and kids time again. Housework gets neglected until my story is finished. Just as well the word limit is only 500 or the house would be in a right state!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep telling my daughter if I could just give up the one addiction I have that's eating up all my time, I could live a much more productive life.

    She asks, "What addiction?"

    I tell her, "Sleep"

    It's such a waste of my time. . . ;)

    ReplyDelete