Friday, February 19, 2010

I'm so dizzy ...


As some of you know, I found out I had high blood pressure recently. My doctor put me on Lisinopril, but it wasn't doing much to lower it. Now I'm on a higher dose as well as taking something for hypothyroidism. I thought I'd feel better by now, but I don't. I get really winded walking up the stairs. And when I stand up fast, I get really dizzy. I've told my doctor (two of them, actually) about this and they both said the same thing. They said, "Try to stand up a little slower." Ummm, really? Now logically, it makes sense. Realistically, who thinks of that when they stand up? I know I don't.

And since I don't have anything better to blog about today, I just thought I would whine about being dizzy. Not sure if I should try some other meds, or just keep going with this and see if it goes away on by itself. However, I'm reminded of a song by Tommy Roe called Dizzy. I have this song on my iPod, but I don't think I've ever watched a video. Check this one out. If those balloons don't make you dizzy, nothing will. It's not the best sound quality, but you get the general idea anyway ...



7 comments:

  1. Sorry you're still not feeling yp to par. Sometimes it does take a while for meds to kick in, but I should think a month would be enough time to begin to feel something.

    I have low blood pressure and sometimes when I stand up everything goes black in front of my eyes. I've been that way all my life so it doens't bother me. But trying to stand up more slowly... well that made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the meds aren't helping. Life kinda sucks when you aren't feeling well. Hope the doctors can help you figure it out. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, I hope you start feeling better. that's just the pits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would think that when you stand up and feel dizzy they've brought your blood pressure too low. Do you have a home blood pressure machine? It wouldn't hurt to get one, measure your blood pressure when you first get up in the morning (that's the important one) then take it periodically throughout the day. Keep a record, you will begin to see a pattern. Your doctor can also use that record to help decide the dosage.
    (From one Lisinopril user to another.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Catherine on this. It sounds like your BP is either too low, or it's been so high you're not used to it as it comes down. I'm so sorry... dizzy isn't fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Catherine on this. It sounds like your BP is either too low, or it's been so high you're not used to it as it comes down. I'm so sorry... dizzy isn't fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are feeling better soon - being dizzy is never good!

    But thanks for the song - I haven't heard it in ages! :)

    ReplyDelete