Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sing! Play! Create!


I found this book at our local drug store, of all places, recently. Sing! Play! Create! was on sale for $6.99 and being a freak for kid's craft books, I couldn't pass it up. Even though it says it's for kids ages 3-7 years, there are a lot of projects in it that my boys will love doing. Most of the crafts use simple things like paper plates or bags, so you don't need anything fancy.

My boys are a little old for the rhymes and finger plays and such, but the crafts are still fun for them. There's a lot of puppets and the boys love making those. The book features crafts, poems, songs, finger plays, even children's book suggestions to go along with the themes. It's broken up into themes of the pond, the garden, the zoo, and the farm. Anyway, your mouth would probably fall open if you saw how many kid's craft books I have. After homeschooling 12+ years, it's easy to see how my collection has grown. If you have little ones, and especially if you homeschool or teach, this is a good one to have.

And for those of you who tried to guess my "six lies and one truth" in the post below, thank you for playing along. I'll post the answer probably in another day or so.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice when you find little gems when (and where ;)) you are least expecting to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! I like the look of this book. And easy crafts... that is about the only kind of craft this mommy can do! lol I think I will try to find it around here! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete