Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


I hope everyone is having a great New Year's Day and that you had fun last night. I ended up in bed around 8pm. I know, what a party animal! New Year's Eve has never been a big deal for me, mostly because Rick worked in law enforcement for so many years and often had to work. I'm perfectly happy staying home and going to be early. Yawn -- I'm such a bore.

I couldn't see the blue moon last night, but I knew it was out there. Between the full moon behind the clouds and all the new snow, it was really bright outside. I took the above picture just about a half hour ago when I first got up. It looks blue because it was kind of dark outside and I had to use the low-light setting. There were actually 2 bucks walking on the hill by my house. You can see part of the second one on the right side behind a tree.

I haven't made any real New Year's resolutions this year, other than the usual stuff. I need to lose some weight, exercise more, and eat healthier. I know that's what everyone claims they want to do each new year, but I have to. My blood pressure is still high, even with the medication, so I have to get it down. Last night it was 161/105 with my heartrate 125. Not sure what the heck that was all about. So, I guess my main resolution is to get that down somehow, whether it be meds, exercise, weight loss, foods, etc. How about you -- any resolutions? Have a great holiday weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I was in the very high blood pressure club about 5 years ago. I lost 35 pounds (wish I could say that's all that needs to go), and with meds, my BP is right where it's supposed to be. I also found out that I had food allergies. Not the kind that causes anaphylaxis, but edema. It sneaks up on you and you don't even realize there's a problem. You might try an allergy diet for a month to see if there's a food or preservative that's causing the problem. It would be so much better if you could eliminate the cause instead of controlling the symptoms with meds. You might still need both, but not as much.

    Happy New Year to you Rena! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nora. I totally agree about wanting to elminate the cause rather than control the symptoms. I hate taking meds, more or less regularly. My MD did say these meds (ACE) would take 2-3 weeks to really kick in, so we'll see what happens. But diet & exercise is certainly needed to help the situation. Thanks again, and Happy New Year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture! I hope you can get that blood pressure under control. Take care of yourself. Here's to 2010 being the year to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous sight. Our blue moon stayed hidden behind the gathering snow clouds, but has been as bright as day the night before.

    We won't see the deer in our NH forest for a few more weeks. But once the snow piles up they will be at our back door and in, around, and under their favorite munchies, our huge rhododendrons.

    I am so glad you took this picture, it is so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your picture looks a lot like Maine right now.Very pretty. I hope you are able to stick to your resolutions,we want you around! Mine are to get more organized and get rid of unnecessary clutter.So far,I got rid of a stereo,tapes,cds,VHS's,dvd's,under the bed clutter,and kid's play dress-up clothes. It feels great! We stayed up till midnight playing Monopoly,so we aren't exactly party animals either. :0


    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo Rena! I'm not much into staying up late either. Maybe all us early nighters should have our own New Year's Eve party, celebrate early, then go home to bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful picture Rena. I'm sorry about your BP, I hope you can get it under control soon. We ended up not getting to bed on NYE until close to 3am. We had a great time and the MIL's with family.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, Rena. Good luck with your resolutions! I loved the blueness of your deer picture. I saw some deer as I was heading home from work the other day, and I had totally forgotten until I read this post. Thanks for sharing some natural beauty for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your New Years Eve sounded similar to mine. We had our annual "New Years Eve dinner and games" night. The only stipulation is that anyone who comes must leave by 10:00pm at the latest. Usually it is family that has no where better to go. lol This year it was my parents and my aunt and we ended up watching a World Junior hockey game. (Go Canada!) And everyone left by 9:30 and Vince and I were in bed by 10:00! A perfect New Years eve.

    As for resolutions, I don't make them as I always break them. This year I need to get healthier though. I am not calling it a resolution though or I am destined to fail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops- the above was me!

    ReplyDelete