Thursday, January 7, 2010

What the heck ... ???


Silly squirrel -- he didn't realize I put out a little container of seeds by my door, which are not covered with 6-7 inches of snow. He climbed all over this mass and then finally dug his way down for a frozen snack. Maybe today he'll find the other stash. It's cold this morning, so I'm sure those seeds are frozen solid. The thermometer says -11, but I'm not sure if that's right. I'm not about to go outside and find out though. Still warmer than some places. I heard ND had windchills of -52 today. Now that's chilly ...

Sad news for Dilly -- his book has slipped in the polls and he's now at #3. He's being beat out by a dog named Tilly and a turtle named Tommy. If you haven't voted, please do. You can vote not only for A New Job for Dilly, but also for Lemur Troops & Critter Groups, the illustrators of both books, as well as my publisher. All of the nominations that relate to me are here. If you have voted, thank you. I believe you can only vote once. If you vote a second time, your last vote is the one that's counted. However, if you could pass the word around, I'd appreciate it. Tell your friends, your family, your co-workers, strangers on the street ...

Thank you!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the poll! I voted for Dilly!!
    I should make sure our feeders are full so our birds and squirrels have something to eat. Last weekend it was below zero, but today we are getting lots and lots of snow!
    Stay cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly squirrel. I guess old habits are hard to break.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm rootin' for Dilly. Here in Texas we may actually get into the teens, which is way cold for us. I'm in hibernation mode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little squirrel. Rena,why didn't you go out there in your satin pajama pants and clear off that snow? LOL,you did it for a moon picture!

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy, squirrel. Imagine that.

    I will def pass a note on to vote! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted for Dilly and I've still got my fingers X'd

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, obviously this guy isn't Andy - must be a newbie in the neighborhood who doesn't understand the winter rules! lol

    ReplyDelete