Tuesday, January 5, 2010

They're here!!!


Last night I was sitting on my bed typing an email to a friend telling her that my books hadn't arrived yet. I hit send and then my doorbell rang. It was 6:20pm. Sure enough, it was the UPS man with my new books. I had given up on the thought of them arriving because it had gotten so late. It was completely dark outside. Had it not been for our Christmas lights still being on the timer, he probably wouldn't have been able to see to get up our steep stairs. However, I am absolutely delighted to announce that ...

Lemur Troops & Critter Groups is here!

Just as I was thrilled beyond words when A New Job for Dilly arrived, I'm the same way now. Lemur Troop & Critter Groups is a bit different because it's not so much a story like Dilly is, but more of a collection of rhymes that teach animal congregation names. There are 21 different animal groups and each one has a story in itself. As I've said before, Nikki Shoemaker has done an incredible job. Her illustrations are adorable. She's put so much detail into each one. My family all grabbed a book last night and was going over each page, pointing out different things. From the cheesy fingers/face of one of the mice, to the annoyed look on the male ferret's face after having to stop and ask for driving directions -- Nikki has truly done an amazing job. Belle, Kitty, and Allie (Nikki's cat) are also featured on the cat page. Belle's already asking when she will receive her first royalty check.

In addition to getting the books and seeing them for the first time, I discovered another review on Amazon yesterday. That makes three 5-star reviews for Lemur Troops & Critter Groups. Please check them out here. I want to thank those who have left reviews. If you've bought the book, please take a moment to leave a review as well. The book is also available at Barnes & Noble online as well as Amazon and through 4RV Publishing, LLC. I do have some copies myself, but not a bunch. My ILs don't order online, so I wanted to have some for them as well as one for each of my kids. That takes up quite a lot, but I will have a few to sell. If you order a book online and would like it signed, send me a SASE and I'll be happy to sign a bookplate for you to stick into your book. Just let me know how you'd like it addressed. That offer is good for A New Job for Dilly as well.

One last thing -- if you haven't voted on the Preditors & Editors Readers Poll, please do. The polls are open through January 14th. The links that relate to me are listed on the post below. Last time I checked, A New Job for Dilly was still holding its spot at #2 for the Children's Book category. Let's see if we can get it to #1! While you're at it, please take a moment to vote for my book's wonderful illustrators, Nikki Shoemaker and Lisa Oakman, as well as for 4RV Publishing, LLC. Thank you so much!

9 comments:

  1. I hope you sell many books!
    Good luck with P&E
    (but i plan to win =))
    also I think you may want to remove "worldstory" from your followers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippie! YaHoo!
    I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! That is exciting! I voted for you on the Pred/Ed site!
    I'll be purchasing your Lemur book sometime this year. This is a great gift idea for teachers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! The book looks fabulous. I want to get one eventually. So glad they finally arrived. I like Kelly's idea too.

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't ordered my copy yet, but I'm going to real soon. I'm so happy for you!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on my way over to order my copy! How thrilling!! Hope you sell bunches and bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeeaha! I'm going to send this off to a friend back home who is a teacher. I just know she will love this book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our copy came in the mail sometime this week (hadn't checked it in a while). I love it, and so do the girls!

    Great job, Rena & Nikki. :)

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! The books are here. I would love to get one please!

    ReplyDelete